Translate

Friday, April 27, 2012

Liberation

Only done with half of my exams but I feel so liberated
ah~ haha actually I have begun to feel that way since last weekend with 2 papers already done on the first day woots!

Anyways, when I feel liberated, I start to procrastinate. But I'd like to think that some of the "procrastination" that I do and used to do weren't procrastinating stuff after all! I even think that they are educational, like those nail-art videos! I tried the tuxedo nails =D and it works! just not as nice of course haha but it's a good start! The first photo is my right hand, done using LEFT hand of course, so I think it's good enough though it's pretty obvious that the lines aren't straight, but eh, I wasn't using a striper ya know...AND I did it while skyping my friend till the wee hours, erm 4am? I was just done with a quiz that day and it felt liberating to do this kinda "procrastination-like" stuff *shrugs* haha. The 2nd photo is of my left hand, I found two tuxedos too much (plus the white bowtie doesn't look as nice) so I reduced it and just made the rest of my fingernails solid colours (and still it's not tidy enough for the perfectionist inside of me. I really applaud "cutepolish" for succeeding in doing all (or was it 4 only) her nails ZOMG seriously.



And just now, after waking up from my nap and eating my dinner, I began my journey of learning new stuff again =) I realise one of the good things about just surfing the net looking through these "shallow" stuff like nailart, makeup, or basically anything to do with outer appearances, is that they do help me learn new technical terms! ^^ Previously, I learnt dotter and striper from my nailart videos. Today, I learnt gilet, rat tail comb and tease. It might not seem like much to know these since it seems more important to learn my laws and equations and whatnot right now, but I guess I really do need a real hobby, something that I can hone my skills in, so these seem to be a good direction to go right now, compared to watching kpop mvs and all that.

Come to think of it, I do have some stuff I could hone my skills in - my korean and kpop dancing (?). My korean will grow rusty over time...and there's no more modules for korean left for me to take in school T.T I don't really wanna take lessons outside cuz I don't think they come cheap, and it's also harder for me to keep motivated to learn since there isn't any tangible results (in school I get to see nice As and A-s ^^). As for dancing, haha, I'm a person with two left feet, and hand and leg coordination sucks, so does my sense of rhythm (and maybe that's why I find more comfort in kpop dances because you can dance along to the lyrics, you don't really have to catch the beat). The magic with kpop dances is that certain people are fitted for certain moves (for amateurs I mean, for the kpop stars, obvs their training is more intense and also their choreographers know who dances which part best and arranges them to be in the middle when dancing that part etc etc). So as a noob, you may be able to do a certain move to a T, but totally suck and fail at getting that feel for another move. Sadded.

Ok finally main point, the new stuff I stumbled upon just now! Actually it's new youtube channels. I'm just noting them all down here cuz I don't really want to subscribe (I don't even check the email linked to my YT acct) and since this blog serves as a diary and notetaking device (physical ones get lost or become full or yellowed urgh).
Was gonna watch SISTAR's "Alone" to get it out of my head but ended up finding a cover that I think did a nice job (I would have sucked badly). From one of the comments I saw, I think she's from HK!



Then as usual, thanks to the power of the Internet and TABS (the most wonderful thing that came with the net), I linked from here to there here to there to YT user "SecretLifeOfaBioNerd" where I realise she has ALOT of DIY videos, from clothes to makeup to hair stuff!!! haha now I have something to look forward to during the holidays, apart from internship (bleh)~

No comments:

Post a Comment