Translate

Monday, July 16, 2012

Salon Express Nail Art Stamping Kit

I collected my Salon Express nail art stamping kit the other day at Groupon store in Suntec! First purchase from Groupon, wasn't sure what to expect...was a little hard to locate the store but I followed the instructions on the printout of my purchase voucher and yea was ok, i guess you can't really miss it when you see this along the way the the storefront...

...and then you see this large crowd waiting near the products on display and just slightly outside the ticket dispenser.
 
The procedure is quite simple. I found out when I got there that you can actually print out your vouchers. I think it was stated somewhere on the website too but I overlooked it I guess. Anyway, you get your ticket from a lady who's "guarding" the dispenser then just wait for your turn. They've got big screens outside displaying the ticket numbers too so that you can see the numbers from afar while you're browsing through the other little shops nearby. I had around 20-30 numbers before my turn and I ended up waiting around 20 minutes or so, so I guess it was ok? And it was peak hour time around 6pm so I guess everyone just rushed off work and came down to collect their stuff, thus the crowd. After your number is called, you are to go to the counter specified to you (4 in total), then they will get your identification card, do some SOP stuff then hand you back your voucher and tell you to wait for your number to be called (the counter staff shouts out your name, there's no digital display involved this time around).


After the staff in the back of the store digs out your product, the counter staff puts it in a bag and calls out for you to collect your goods, then you're done!

This is what I got! A nail art stamping kit from Salon Express! =)
 


Like I said, this is my first purchase from Groupon although I signed up for an account pretty long ago I think...and the only reason I actually made a purchase was because I received an email telling me there is this $8 voucher available for my first purchase from Groupon, which will expire on 30June. So basically, I kiasu, so went online searching for worthy purchases that wouldn't require me to spend much more than $8. And I stumbled upon this! Its discounted price was $8.50 although its value is touted to be $24, which is perfect because that meant that I would only need to fork out 50cents and get to try a product as well as Groupon's service. Safe decision I guess. Plus it was nail art stuff, which I am into at the moment ^^

The Product



I saw the above video shown on the Groupon page and thought it was ok, but I haven't tried it out so yea, but I just saw this review



and I feel cheated! hahaha I guess it's actually cuz well, 1) my stamper doesn't have a salon express printed but does have a salon express logo and all embossed, 2) my scrapper is not metal! it's plastic! although whether or not that is a good thing remains to be seen haha
But the design plates are identical and look authentic enough so I am appeased for now haha and since I paid 50cents for this I shouldn't be complaining before I even try it out.






after seeing the review I am afraid how it is going to turn out when I try it out for myself, since I have zero experience with stampers...oh and I think the suggestion of doing the preparation on a paper towel is great. Shall try soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment