Translate

Sunday, July 22, 2012

SHINE youth festival and Panasonic workshop

Update on the SHINE festival opening where we got to see JAYESSLEE upclose and really 听出耳油!
The concert was a plus and we were actually attending a workshop conducted by Cheng Ding An (director of "Kallang Roar" and "Ghost on Air"). I think he was supposed to give us a run-through of how we can use the features on our camcorders etc but it was more of a sharing session - of his experiences and whatnot. Not that I'm complaining cuz in the first place I was already wondering how the hell can one teach noobs how to film at great angles etc, plus we were supposed to film the "Cosmo Parade". Like seriously huh? O.o as in how to film a parade FANTASTICALLY? And I guess the camcorder is pretty user-friendly too. I do own one but its pretty old and it has been years since I touched it but I guess its still pretty similar and thus manageable. The one we were lent is the Panasonic HC-X900.

Apparently, it can view the videos you have taken in both 2D and 3D. As in, there is no switch or button or whatever to toggle between filming in 2D or 3D. I discovered accidentally while playing with all the different functions that whatever videos you have taken before, you could choose to view in 3D, but I don't think it will show when you extract the video from the SD card, like it wouldn't be saved as a 3D video bah...

Perhaps there were other newer features and all the scenes and modes but honestly if it boils down the actual filming like for a movie and such, I think (guess?) the raw clip should be left untouched while the editors and director would sit down one day and do the editing, cutting and any CGI required. I remember a similar workshop last year also organised by omy.sg and Panasonic, but for cameras (maybe post a post that is late by one year, like soon?). The speaker actually tried teaching us various functions, modes etc and even had notes on apertures, shutter speed which I roughly know from my brief encounter with photog club few years back. But its all theory, and when it comes to hands-on I get pwned...like was totally sweating and not knowing what to do. I think it would have been better if I had stopped attempting to fiddle with my camera modes and focused on making my photos tell stories, cuz most turned out lifeless, like a normal photo. During that workshop last year, we were supposed to take pictures of cosplayers and anything going on around *SCAPE - some dragon dance or 舞龙 iirc and also flea market stalls.

Anyway, back to the workshop, I liked his anecdotes! Stories, more stories please haha but then again, he was already taking too much time and ended up not being able to share about the product and he already had slides prepared. And he was constantly prompted by the staff at the back regarding his time limit. I think he is really humble and from what he said, it's the friends he has made in the industry like Dennis Zhou 周崇庆 or better known as Auntie Lucy, that have taught him many valuable lessons and kept him grounded.

I really cannot remember much of the stuff he shared since it's been almost a month and my brain capacity has deteriorated much over the last few years as I keep telling all my friends. But I do remember him saying that cuz you need the capital for the film, you need the producer, and he said that some producers are really not that interested in your film/project, and you as the director end up doing saikang stuff for him. I shall presume that it isn't supposed to be kept secret since he revealed it at a workshop. He said that he had met those that had him acting like a "pimp", ferrying models around as and when the producer feels like hanging out with them and all that. Shitty world.


Now, down to the parade that we were supposed to film. I think I gave the omy people pretty useless footage =-= as in I tried to make it as artistic as possible by zooming into the SHINE flag and then onto the crowd but without any editing, all my clips look bleh, like normal? Basically what every other person in that workshop could have conjured too. Took a few pictures with the camcorder as well.

There were these "ahmas" promoting lifelong learning. Some kids walked past and commented to their parents "why they so old one?" and I caught the "ahmas"/girls giggling while the parents tried explaining they were just playing dress-up HAHA
The Dark Knight was walking coolly down the street with some "bodyguard" behind him then I (very luckily) managed to catch this shot of him turning around and just-nice-posing (still coolly).
And these two photos depict the chaos the duno how many metres long, perhaps even record-breaking dragon created. Ok maybe not chaos, but inconvenience. I was there I think for the whole of its crossing. I basically filmed the whole thing down and it took a good 10-20 minutes to get it across this stretch of road near Ngee Ann City. And even Spiderman himself had to act as road marshall! Haha! Can see from the first picture that some students actually had the brains to think of trying to lift the cloth up high enough to let cars cross but the later bunch had problems and I overheard one commenting if they could try lifting it up. Was so tempted to tell them "yea the students before you succeeded" but kept mum and continuing filming (I have totally no idea why I filmed the whole thing =-=).




Drag queens! Promoting the musical La Cage Aux Folles (http://entertainment.xin.msn.com/en/celebrity/buzz/asia/ivan-heng-enjoys-dressing-in-drag)~ I have a "pic" where I managed to get one of them to blow a fly-kiss at me but I was actually video-ing and only realised much later on =-=

uber cute mascot! =D

Professional little didi that stopped and posed for me haha although I was obvsly holding a camcorder, eh haha I would have thought it weird to take a pic with a camcorder hahahah
Act cute mojo jojo
Everyone wanna take photo with army guys with guns haha



Way past my bedtime, but screw my body clock man, it's been screwed long ago anyway...아름다운 밤이야~ 근데 잠이 안 와, 어떡해???

No comments:

Post a Comment