Translate

Friday, July 13, 2012

The stuff they don't teach you in school (which they should)

Smoking.
And I mean the "lying through your teeth but making the overall picture very rosy and sophisticated-sounding etc such that the party at the other end is lured in by your deception and finds it hard to doubt you" definition. Not the tobacco one. Apparently, this seems like a pretty good life skill to have, whichever point of life you are at now. I think this is especially good for job interviews in future. The thing about job interviews is that they basically cover the very surface of finding out what kind of a person you are. Some do have extended interview rounds where they ask you to solve a case etc but eventually, it's really those few minutes that matter in securing a job. I really do not think that it is fair. Nor do I think its accuracy in finding the right fit for the job is commendable. Ok, maybe I should rephrase. Not the right fit but people who are conscientious and actually doing their best for the company/project, and not slacking their time away. Sorry but I am highly against this kind of people because I have met my fair share of them. Anyway, back to the skill of smoking. Those who know how to smoke their way through daily life usually do well in interviews provided they stay calm and keep a clear head. They are able to guess what the interviewer is looking for and can come up with stuff that impress. In the end, they may get the job, but their work ethics really remain to be seen. This is for all cases, actually. Because like I said, it is hard to tell your personality from just talking or even doing a personality test =-= I mean, I can fake my results can't I? Unless you force me to take a truth serum (which wouldn't be legal), who knows if I'm lying (big or small lie to polish the image of me you would have)?

Day by day, I am realising how much this world is unfair and sucks. But then this is life. You win some, you lose some.

No comments:

Post a Comment